Four foliar diseases reduce watermelon yields in South Carolina. Gummy stem blight and powdery mildew are the most common diseases in spring crops.1 Gummy stem blight is large, round spots on the...
Author: Anthony P. Keinath
Nov 19, 2019 | Horticulture
Wirestem is a disease of young vegetable brassica (cole crop) plants that affects both direct-seeded and transplanted crops. The primary symptom is dark lesions of varying depth and length on the...
Sep 22, 2019 | Horticulture
Fusarium wilt of watermelon is the most widespread and destructive disease of watermelon in the southeastern United States and other areas of the world. The causal fungus is named Fusarium oxysporum...
Aug 19, 2019 | Horticulture
Phytophthora blight, crown and root rot, and fruit rot are serious problems on cucurbit and fruiting (solanaceous) vegetables in the eastern half of the United States. Short vegetable crop...
- Funding Stormwater Management: An Introduction to Stormwater Utility Fees in South Carolina
- Soil Salinity and its Effects on Turfgrass Pests
- Managing Pine Trees with a Thinning
- “Do We Have to Work in Groups?”: Foundations, Ground Rules, and Reflections Improve Group Work
- Creative Inquiry: Using a Positive Feedback Loop to Develop Career Skills and Graduate Student Mentors
Join our mailing list to receive the latest updates from LGPress.