The water mold cucurbit downy mildew affects cucurbits (vine crops in the squash family) in South Carolina every year, especially in summer and fall. Downy mildew spreads quickly on cucumber,...
Author: Anthony P. Keinath
Nov 19, 2019 | Horticulture
Wirestem is a disease of young vegetable brassica (cole crop) plants that affects both direct-seeded and transplanted crops. The primary symptom is dark lesions of varying depth and length on the...
Sep 22, 2019 | Horticulture
Fusarium wilt of watermelon is the most widespread and destructive disease of watermelon in the southeastern United States and other areas of the world. The causal fungus is named Fusarium oxysporum...
Aug 19, 2019 | Horticulture
Phytophthora blight, crown and root rot, and fruit rot are serious problems on cucurbit and fruiting (solanaceous) vegetables in the eastern half of the United States. Short vegetable crop...
Join our mailing list to receive the latest updates from LGPress.
- Identification of Common Insect Pests of Brassica Crops
- The Basics of Irrigation Reservoirs for Agriculture
- Volunteer Peanut Control in Corn and Cotton
- An Introduction to Stormwater Ponds in South Carolina
- Implementation of a Cooperative Extension Food Distribution Action Plan During Times of Crisis