The Land-Grant Press Cooperative Extension series offers a broad expanse of topics related to the economy, environment and well-being of South Carolinians. The publications are science-based, peer-reviewed scholarly work authored by Extension Agents and university scientists. The aim of this series is to provide practical application for professionals, managers and owners who benefit from Cooperative Extension educational offerings.
How to submit
- Review the Cooperative Extension series Authorship Decision Tree to confirm if your submittal is appropriate for the Cooperative Extension series.
- Review the Author Submittal Guide.
- Access the publishing resources for authors in the online toolkit.
- Contact the managing editor, Dawn Anticole White (firstname.lastname@example.org, 864-656-9872), or the editorial coordinator, Lisa Joseph (email@example.com, 864-309-6494) if you have any questions or would like to request assistance with the writing or submittal process.
Author submittal guide
The Author Submittal Guide provides detailed information on how to prepare and submit publications. Below are some of the topics the guide covers for preparing a publication.
- Co-Author Submittal Agreement: If there are multiple authors listed on a publication, all authors must sign the Co-Author Submittal Agreement. The signed form must be uploaded with the submittal.
- Land-Grant Press Publication Template: Download the Land-Grant Press template file and follow the instructions provided. A template file with tips providing detailed formatting and accessibility requirements for images and tables is available.
- You must have permission to use images that are not yours and also provide attribution. Review the Image Permissions and Attribution Guide.
- Feature Image: Include an image file with your submittal that can be used as the feature image to promote your publication in the repository listings.
- References Cited: A publication must include a minimum of two peer-reviewed references, and references are to be included in a References Cited list.
- Style Manual for Writing: Follow the Chicago Manual of Style (CMOS) for the writing. A CMOS Quick Guide with the most common instances is available.
- Style Manual for References: Follow the Council of Science Editors (CSE) style for formatting the References Cited list. A CSE Quick Guide with the most common reference sources is available.
The instructions in the Author Submittal Guide will guide you in submitting your publication through the Land-Grant Press website in TigerPrints, Clemson Libraries’ digital repository and publishing platform.
You will need to create an account in TigerPrints if it is the first time you are accessing it. Clemson Employees, please note, the TigerPrints system is not connected to the Clemson University login network. However, if you need to create a new login, you can use the same username and password you use for the University network.