Publication Submittal Site:
Clemson Extension TigerPrints tigerprints.clemson.edu/extension
Please follow the instructions under the Steps to Submit section below.
To submit publications for the Land-Grant Press review and publishing process, authors will submit through the Clemson Extension TigerPrints site managed by Clemson Libraries. Accepted publications will be posted on the Land-Grant Press repository, lgpress.clemson.edu.
Contact the managing editor, Dawn Anticole White at email@example.com or (864) 656-9872 if you have any questions or would like to request assistance with any part of the process (writing, style guidance, online submittal process, peer-review feedback, etc).
There are additional writing resources available for Clemson University authors on the Division of Assessment and Scholarship website. If you are planning to submit a publication and are not with Clemson University, please contact the managing editor if you are in need of any writing resources.
Steps to Submit
- If there are multiple authors listed on a publication, all authors must sign the Co-Author Submittal Agreement form, and the signed form must be uploaded with the submittal.
- Type or transfer the content of your publication into the Land-Grant Press template, which is a Microsoft Word file with preset styles for formatting. You will submit your publication as a Microsoft Word file. There is a template style guide which details the types of styles applied to the template and includes a brief overview on how to use styles in Microsoft Word.
- Writing Style: follow the Chicago Manual of Style (CMOS) for writing. Clemson employees have access to CMOS style resources and an online style guide.
- References Cited: include at least one ‘in-text’ citation for a References Cited section at the end of your publication. Follow the Council of Science Editors (CSE) style for formatting references. Clemson employees have access to CSE style resources and an online style guide
- Other Reference Sections: you may include a References Consulted and / or Additional Resources section if applicable.
- Image Requirement: if you do not have an image in your publication, please identify one that will be used as the ‘feature’ image visitors will see when they view the list of posted publications.
- To submit for the peer-review process, go to Clemson Libraries’ TigerPrints site for the Extension series.
- Select your program area.
- Select the “Submit Publication” link in the left sidebar.
- You will be required to create an account if you do not already have one set up in the TigerPrints repository system. Clemson Employees please note, this is NOT the same login as your Clemson user ID, but you can make it the same.
- If you are creating a new account, you will receive a “Confirm Your Account” email with an activation link.
- After activating your account, you will be taken to the Submission Agreement page.
- Please read the terms carefully, check the box at the bottom, and select “Continue” to accept the terms.
- Next, you will be taken to the submission form to provide author contact info and publication details including:
- A brief summary that states key takeaways (75 words or less)
- A minimum of 5 keywords
- Target audience(s)
- Suggested media outlets (traditional and social) the publication could be promoted to
- Two or more potential external reviewers (not from Clemson University) who are experts in the subject matter
- Once you hit the “Submit” button after all information is provided and the publication and image files are uploaded, you will see a confirmation notice on the next screen.