Is Your Publication Appropriate?
- Review the Land-Grant Press Authorship Decision Tree for guidance.
- If your publication meets the qualifications, follow the steps below.
- Contact the managing editor, Dawn Anticole White at firstname.lastname@example.org or (864) 656-9872, if you have any questions or would like to request assistance with the writing or submittal process.
Review the Author Submittal Guide
Co-Author Submittal Form
If there are multiple authors listed on a publication, all authors must sign the Co-Author Submittal Agreement form. The signed form must be uploaded with the submittal.
Land-Grant Press Template
- Type or transfer the content of your publication into the Land-Grant Press template, which is a Microsoft Word file with preset font styles.
- Templates with or without detailed formatting tips are available (download version with help tips or blank version).
- Review the How to Use Styles summary for guidance on using the template.
Images and Tables
- You must have permission to use images and also provide attribution (review the Image Permissions and Attribution guidance).
- Use the Insert Caption tool to add captions to images and tables.
- Do not use text boxes for text or images.
- Add alt text to images and tables for ADA compliance for accessibility.
- Follow the format for tables (example included in the template).
- References must be included when necessary, with a minimum of one.
- Reviewers and editors may request that additional references are added.
- References are to be included in a References Cited list.
- References Consulted or Additional Resources sections may also be included.
- Follow the Chicago Manual of Style (CMOS) for writing. A CMOS ‘cheat sheet’ with the most common instances is available.
- Follow the Council of Science Editors (CSE) style for formatting the References Cited list. A CSE ‘cheat sheet’ with some of the most common sources is available.
Select a feature image to help promote your publication on lgpress.clemson.edu.
You must have permission to use images and also provide attribution (review the Image Permissions and Attribution guidance).
Steps to Submit
- Submit your publication through the Land-Grant Press collection website in TigerPrints, Clemson Libraries’ digital repository and publishing platform.
- Select your program team.
- Select the Submit Publication link in the left sidebar.
- Create an account if you do not already have one. Clemson Employees, please note, this is not the same login as your Clemson user login, but you can make it the same.
- If you are creating a new account, you will receive a Confirm Your Account email with an activation link.
- Read and accept the terms on the Submission Agreement page.
- Fill out the requested information on the submission form.
- Upload your publication file.
- Check the Additional Files box to upload a feature image and, if needed, a Co-Author Submittal Agreement form. You must check this box, even if you do not have any files to upload.
- Select Submit.
- Upload additional files if you have any (e.g., additional image files, spreadsheets, accompanying files, etc).
- Select the Continue button in order to successfully submit your publication.
You will see a confirmation screen if you submitted correctly, and you will also receive an email confirming the submission.