The Disease Wirestem is a disease of young vegetable brassica (cole crop) plants that affects both direct-seeded and transplanted crops. The primary symptom is dark lesions of varying depth and...
Sep 22, 2019 | Horticulture
Introduction Fusarium wilt of watermelon is the most widespread and destructive disease of watermelon in the southeastern United States and other areas of the world. The causal fungus is named...
Aug 19, 2019 | Horticulture
Introduction Phytophthora blight, crown and root rot, and fruit rot are serious problems on cucurbit and fruiting (solanaceous) vegetables in the eastern half of the United States. Short vegetable...
Aug 12, 2019 | Horticulture
Deer damage to crops occurs every year on small farms and strawberry fields. Damage done by feeding and trampling (figure 1 and 2) limits the number of healthy plants (figure 3) and may reduce crop...
Spotted Lanternfly Management in Nurseries, Orchards, Vineyards, and Natural Areas in South Carolina and Georgia
Spotted lanternfly, Lycorma delicatula (White) Introduction Spotted lanternfly (SLF) is an invasive pest new to the United States. Despite its common name, SLF is not a fly, but a large planthopper...
Join our mailing list to receive the latest updates from LGPress.
- Best Management Practices for Thrips (Thysanoptera: Thripidae) in Cotton
- Chemical Release Treatments for Pine Regeneration
- A Key for Aging White-Tailed Deer Using the Tooth Replacement and Wear Technique
- Water Withdrawal Regulations Every Agricultural User in South Carolina Should Know
- Integrating Cover Crops for Agroecosystem Services